A Day in Nursery
Our day in the Nursery is structured, providing the children with the security that comes with the routine, whilst providing them with varied, interesting and stimulating activities. Our approach throughout the day is positivity – all of our team members encourage a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- 7.30 Breakfast
- 8.30 Group activities, including Wake up-Shake up
- 9.30 Time to play
- 10.00 Open snack – snacks are available all day; but we encourage the children to have a snack at this time
- 11.30 Tidy up and lunch
- 12.15 Sleep and rest – quiet activities
- 2.00 Time to play
- 2.30 Open snack – snacks are available all day; but we encourage the children to have a snack at this time
- 3.00 Time to play
- 3.30 Tea
- 4.00 Group activities, including Mindful Meditation
- 6.30 Home time
The baby-room follows this routine, as far as possible. However, we also understand that every child has different needs, and so we ensure that all of our children, and in particular the babies receive the care, support and stimulation that is right for their age.
Our Time to Play sessions which each last at least half an hour, provide time for free play. This takes place outdoors, regardless of the weather, enabling the children to breathe fresh air. During these sessions we encourage the children to run around our large playground, playing with a variety of equipment to stimulate their play.
Our Group Activities, which each last at least one hour, include: games, singing, arts and crafts, numeracy and literacy activities.